This is COVID POLICY implemented to ensure safeguarding procedures for Keys & Strings students and teachers in response to COVID-19.
1. Schools’ equipment, and the most commonly touched surfaces such as door handles and desks, as well as bathrooms, is cleaned and sanitized daily. The rooms are also regularly sprayed with antibacterial sanitizers.
2. In order to ensure the highest level of hygiene, professional deep cleaning of the school is carried out twice a week.
3. Students are asked to use the hand sanitizer, and their temperature is taken and recorded using a contact-free thermometer before each class. If students’ temperature is 38C or more they cannot attend the classes and are advised to be tested for Covid-19. If the fever suddenly decreases students may return to the school after 48 hours.
4. Students who have common symptoms of COVID-19 such as sore throat, cough, loss of taste, or smell cannot attend the classes on Keys & String’s premises.
5. All Keys & Strings teachers wear masks or face shields. It is, however, optional for the students to wear them in class.
6. There are screen dividers in all Keys & Strings classrooms between students and teachers.
7. There is no social physical contact (e.g. handshaking) with the teacher or other students in the school.
8. In the group classes, there is a maximum of 6 students. Each student has a designated space in the room to ensure social distancing.
9. The school’s waiting room is open for students only.
10. We would kindly ask students who have travelled abroad or have been in contact with anyone infected with COVID-19 not to attend the classes for 14 days.
11. Students who are experiencing any flu-like symptoms associated with COVID19 infection to include: fever, cough, difficulty breathing, or sore throat you should not attend the classes for 14 days.
12. Once provided with three hours’ notice Keys & Strings will organize Skype/Zoom classes for students who cannot attend the school for reasons related to their health.
13. In cases where teachers cannot teach from the school premises, a substitute teacher or Skype/Zoom classes will be provided.